Castell d’Or has joined the commitment of Wine in Moderation
- Tuesday, 24 February 2015 14:10
Castell d'Or has joined the commitment of Wine in Moderation, a European strategy that aims to help Member States to reduce the damage to the alchohol and identify good practice and areas of socio-economic relevance and community where they can perform new developments, considering that cultures and patterns of alcohol consumption vary across the EU.
The principles of Wine in Moderation commitment are:
- Most consumers enjoy wine in moderation, but a minority of consumers of alcohol abuse: all representatives of the wine sector -in every region and every link in the chain valor- have a role to play in the When looking for the best ways to communicate the usefulness of moderation.
- There is no single European way of consuming wine, patterns of alcohol consumption depends largely on local traditions, education, sex, age group and socio-economic factors; efforts to promote moderation should be adapted to the needs of each population.
- Many actors in the European wine industry has successfully promoted moderation; every effort successfully, albeit local, should be used to generalize the "best practices" and should adopt and emulate whenever possible.
- Efforts to promote moderation should be based on solid research and social and cultural aspects; existing and future research should collect and analyze at EU level to develop evidence-based science.